Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Prediction For Sarah Connor



I have a prediction on how Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles will end. At least, this is how I would end it.

We'll jump back for a moment to Terminator 2.

John Connor: Can you learn stuff you haven't been programmed with so you could be... you know, more human? And not such a dork all the time?

The Terminator: My CPU is a neural net processor; a learning computer. But Skynet pre-sets the switch to read-only when we're sent out alone.

Sarah Connor: Doesn't want you doing too much thinking, huh?

The Terminator: No.


Skynet controlled him completely, which logically means that Skynet has direct control over every single terminator and machine that works under it. Skynet is a single computer that has become a single consciousness. In effect, a single person.

Now, Sarah Connor's strategy for keeping Skynet from taking over is to make sure that no computer ever becomes that powerful. This seems a little extreme to me. One computer tries to take over the world, so all computers are evil? Wait, uh... No. I don't think so. Call me ridiculously geeky since we're talking about computers, but that sounds like racism to me.

We've seen a few terminators that have been perfectly capable of not only protecting humans, but getting right close to loving them. There's even a small group of people in the series that are trying to keep John Connor from falling in love with Cameron. If he's in love with a machine, how can he fight them?

Well, there's the problem. There is no "them." There is only one machine that they have to fight.

And here's my solution. If I were fighting a big powerful machine, you know what I would want? My own big powerful machine. And I believe that's what John Connor will want to do. We've already seen him embrace technology. We've seen him trust machines. I personally would like to see the series end with an army of terminators marching on Skynet.

How awesome would that be? Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about... :-D

No comments: