Thursday, January 29, 2009

Narnia Lives On!



Okay, I know my posts are totally random, but whatever.

I love the Narnia books. They are probably some of the best I have ever read. Sure, they're written for a younger audience, but they don't insult your intelligence, and they manage to make you think of things that don't even seem to be in the writing. C.S. Lewis was probably one of the smartest people to ever walk this earth. His religious writings are definitely worth a read as well.

So I was not happy when Disney dropped the Narnia franchise. I didn't really care about Prince Caspian. The book wasn't that great. It was mostly just to bridge The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. For some reason, Disney decided that Caspian didn't make nearly enough money (It grossed about twice what it cost), and they wouldn't do The Dawn Treader.

Wait, what? No, bad! Bad! The Dawn Treader was the best book of all of them! This is bad!

But, apparently Fox has decided to pick it up. This makes me very happy.

By the way, for those of you who are wondering how I could be happy about Fox taking over something after what they did to Firefly, the Fox 2000 movie company is not the same as Fox TV. And Fox TV has been kind enough to bring us Terminator and Dollhouse anyway.

No comments: