Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Force Unleashed - First Thoughts

I've played through the first few levels of the Force Unleashed, and I have to say that all these reviews that are knocking it so hard really don't make sense to me.

How many people have complained that the demo wasn't like the game? Well, it is. Sure, a few of your force powers aren't quite as strong, but that's because it's the beginning of the game. They'll get stronger.

Another complaint is the camera, and that boggles my mind, because I love the camera. I hate cameras that go wherever they feel like, and this one gives me control of it. Thank you. Finally.

As for the length of the game, we'll see how that plays out.

I think the real problem that this game has is the hype. We were all expecting something ground breaking, and all had our own ideas of what it would be, but then the actual game came out and it wasn't what we were expecting. Personally, I look forward to finishing the game. This is a game that has a good story, excellent characters, amazing effects, and fun game play.

Oh, and throwing Storm Troopers around doesn't get boring. I'll do a full review when I finish the game.

No comments: