Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Current Project - Justice League Board Game




My current (slowly moving) project is a board game that I'm trying to include a few RPG elements in. I'm using the figurines pictured above. Each character will have different abilities, which makes it difficult to keep it balanced. In real life, would anyone want to be Flash? I don't think so. Superman all the way.

The game will go in two stages. First you'll go around the board fighting villains (on cards). The second stage has proved problematic. I've got a few ideas, but none of them seem quite right. I'm trying to make it fairly open, but it has to have an ending.

The biggest reason I'm working on a board game is for practice. I'm not a programmer. I do art and design, and board games require no programming. Sure, there's a lot of numbers involved, but not like writing a 3d engine.

No comments: